In Life After Death: A Legal and Practical Guide for Surviving Spouses, attorney Marilyn McWilliams details the steps to take in the event of a spouse’s death—including planning the funeral, handling probate and estate administration, re-acclimating to social life, and making financial plans for the future. She also discusses the key issues that should be a part of every couple’s estate plan. This book was written especially for widowed persons to help them deal with the legal, financial, and social aspects of life in the aftermath of a spouse’s death.
If you are faced with the death of your spouse, you will be called on to answer questions and make decisions during an already difficult time. This book will help you find answers to the tough questions:
- Advice for planning the funeral or memorial.
- Why you may need a lawyer.
- How a financial advisor can help you plan for the future.
- Details of the estate administration process.
- Survivor benefits that may be owed to you.
- The importance of your social network.
This compassionate and straightforward book is designed to help surviving spouses make better plans—and better decisions—in the case of this life-changing event.